According to dental-tribune.com, CAD/CAM technology is undisputedly one of the most important developments in dentistry today.
CAD/CAM is an acronym for computer-aided design/computer-aided manufacturing. Used for decades in the manufacturing industry to produce precision tools, parts and automobiles, CAD/CAM technology has been increasingly incorporated intodentistry over the past 20 years.
CAD/CAM technology and metal-free materials are used by dentists and dental laboratories to provide patients with milled ceramic crowns, veneers, onlays, inlays and bridges. Dental CAD/CAM also is used to fabricate abutments for dental implants, used to replace missing teeth.
As the materials and technology available for CAD/CAM dentistry have improved over the years, so too have the restorations that patients can receive from this form of digital dentistry. Today’s CAD/CAM restorations are better-fitting, more durable and more natural looking (multi-colored and translucent, similar to natural teeth) than previously machined restorations. Source: www.yourdentistryguide.com
New Smile Dental Group in Costa Rica bought a CAD/CAM system manufactured by Shutz Dental in Germany. The exciting addition of CAD/CAM computer technology to fabricate our patients’ dental restorations onsite is also available.
The Tizian CAD/CAM consists in a number of high technology components:
- Computer-supported scanning with Tizian™Scan.
- Construct with Tizian™Creativ design software.
- Milling of zirkondioxide blanks with Tizian™Cut which scan.
- Design and mill dental restorations (i.e. crowns, bridges, pontics & inlays) in Zirconium dioxide (ZrO2). For more information, visit http://www.schuetz-dental.de/
Shaping Dentistry with CAD/CAM Technology
- The dentist makes an impression of the prepared tooth
- Based on the impression, the tooth technician makes a model
- A laser scans the model, and the data thus received appears in the computer as the perfect digital copy of the model
- The prosthesis’ frame and shape are made graphically in the computer
- We send the plan of the frame into our center
- The computer, like a robot, sculpts the requested frame out of a zirconium-oxide block with extreme precision – thus the prosthesis is perfectly precise.
- The technician builds the normal covering porcelain layer by layer, he colors it and changes it according to the needs of the dentist and the patient
- The dentist fixes the perfectly aesthetic and lifelike prosthesis onto the polished tooth stump
- We guarantee extreme precision due to computer technology.