Dental Implant vs Bridge
Dental Implant vs Bridge
A single missing tooth can be replaced by a dental implant or a bridge. Chicago area dentist Dr. William Cohen has extensive experience with both of these treatments. Here are the pros and cons of each option.
Main Advantage of a Dental Implant
As you can see by comparing the two drawings, a bridge requires placing crowns on the adjacent teeth. A dental implant avoids involving the teeth on either side, and this is the main advantage.
Main Advantage of a Dental Bridge
A dental bridge is usually faster and easier, though not necessarily less expensive. It can be placed in two appointments, spaced maybe a week or two apart. A dental implant will usually require a healing period of maybe months before it can be finished.
Next Generation of Dental Implants in Costa Rica
In the future, many implant systems will have minimal placement/restorative instrumentation, and one universal implant body to fulfill all surgical needs.
Why wait? These standards can be found today in OCO Biomedical’s dental implant system: only one special side cutting osteotomy former and proven bone condensing implant body.
Unlike any other implant on the market today, OCO Biomedical implants are designed for immediate loading because of Dual Stabilization, an industry unique design feature that biomechanically secures the tip and collar of the implant.
While other implant companies boast their revolutionary surface treatments, OCO dental implants immediately “lock” into the bone at placement.
The patent pending bull-nose auger tip locks the apex of the implant by pulling bone up and around the threads, and the mini Cortic-O thread locks into the cortical bone, stabilizing the collar. The thread pattern and pitch of OCO dental implants are purposely designed to immediately maximize bone to thread contact.
Are You a Candidate for Dental Implants?
If you are missing teeth, you could be a candidate for dental implants. Most people with missing teeth are dental implant candidates.
You need to be in good general health, and you need to have enough bone in your jaw to serve as an anchor for the dental implants. Those are the basic requirements. You also need to be committed to taking care of them after the procedure. Age is not a factor. And even if you don’t have enough bone in your jaw, there are bone-grafting procedures that can prepare you to receive implants.
Conditions that would make you a poor candidate for dental implants
- Pregnancy – It isn’t recommended to receive dental implants while you are pregnant.
- Heavy Smoking – Smoking creates a poor climate for healing in the mouth.
- Alcohol or Substance Abuse – Not only will your healing ability be compromised, but your motivation to care for the implants after the surgery will be adversely affected.
- Certain Chronic Diseases – Diabetes, high blood pressure, hemophilia, or immune-deficiency diseases increase the risk of failure. You could still get dental implants if you have one of these conditions, depending on the severity of the condition.
What would make you a good candidate?
Besides just having missing teeth, motivation is important to the success of your dental implant treatment. If you really desire good oral health and are committed to taking care of them, as well as having regular professional examinations and maintenance, then you are probably a good candidate for dental implants.
One piece-Immediate load dental implants in Costa Rica
- The dental implant device and the abutment are integrated in just one piece, so that, the healing abutment is not needed, avoiding a second surgery.
- Osseo integration begins immediately. The integration of bone tissue and the implant device takes place normally, the physical characteristics of the implant device itself creates the solid infrastructure that enables immediate use.
- You will not need to wait for 6 months of healing process with a healing abutment and wearing a removable prosthesis. The treatment can be finished in 11 days .
- The need of bone grafting is reduced to the minimum since its unique tip is specially designed to promote the bone to grow immediately after placement as well as preserve the existing bone.
99% Success rate
All of OCO Biomedical dental implants boast an impressive reported success rate of over 99%.
Affordable Dental Implants Cost
Did you know that you can save 70% in the dental implants cost on USA prices? In USA, the cost of a single implant may range in cost from US$900 to US$3,000. Check our dental implants cost comparison table. Sample Cost